One airway, one disease^6^
60-80% of asthmatic patients have allergic rhinitis.7
Patients with allergic rhinitis are three times more likely to develop asthma compared to those without allergic rhinitis.8
The degree of rhinitis is important, patients with severe rhinitis exibit the worst
In asthmatic patients, concomitant allergic rhinitis increases healthcare costs and further impairs quality of life.10
- Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma (ARIA) 2008.
- Pawankar et al. Allergic Rhinitis and Its Impact on Asthma in Asia Pacific and the ARIA Update 2008.
- Pawanker, R Allergic Rhinitis and asthma: are they manifestations of one syndrome? 2006; 36: 1-4.
- Clatworthy et al. The Value of self-report assessment of adherence, rhinitis and smoking in relation to asthma control. Primary Care Respiratory Journal 2009; 18 (4): 300 - 305.
- Bousquet et al. Links between Rhinitis and Asthma. Allergy 2003; 58: 691-706.